The Bayfield School District will provide competitive extracurricular activity programming to foster the social, emotional, and physical development of all student-athletes and complement our academic programs.
We will enthusiastically promote:
- Academics through participation in extracurricular activities.
The values of good citizenship, sportsmanship, and high behavioral and ethical standards.
- A quality coaching experience by teaching sound fundamentals and competitive preparation in an open, honest, consistent, and direct style of communication.
- A positive lifestyle by encouraging exercise, sound nutrition, and healthy choices.
- An understanding of different levels of competition based on ability.
- A respect and appreciation for all district programs.
- A tradition of excellence that is a source of pride for the Bayfield District and community.
Track will depart on Wednesday, May 16 for the CHSAA State Track Meet in Golden, Colorado. Best of luck everyone!
Important Dates for the 2018-2019 School Year:
-- Thursday, August 2nd - 6pm @ BHS Main Gym - Fall Sports Parent Meeting
+ All required paperwork must be filled out and signed by parents/students before kids
are allowed to participate in fall practices on Monday, August 6th!
+ An up-to-date physical form must be on file with the BHS office before kids are
allowed to participate in fall practices.
-- Monday, August 6th - 3-4pm @ BHS Auditorium - Concussion Education
+ All student-athletes in fall sports must attend this educational session about concussions.
Athletic Trainer Brandi Winzlau will give a brief presentation.
+ Fall practices begin! Check with coaches for specific times.