The mission of the Bayfield School District Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive developmental program that meets each student’s individual academic, social, personal, and career strengths. In partnership with educators, parents/guardians, and the community, counseling professionals strive to ensure that all students at Bayfield develop the skills, knowledge, and understanding necessary to be successful, contributing members of society in an ever-changing world.
Counselors at Bayfield believe every student:
- Can expect a school climate that is safe, healthy and welcoming
- Will develop self-advocating skills to enhance their personal and academic goal(s)
- Can achieve at high levels
- Should be valued for their strengths and challenges, and will be treated with respect and dignity
- Will have access to high quality school counseling services provided by a licensed, professional school counselor. This will be accomplished by using high ethical standards and needs assessments to guide decision making
- Brings ethnic, cultural, racial, and developmental differences that are considered an important piece in the design and delivery of school counseling services